The guarantee story
Retirement can be a time of caution and holding on to what you’ve got. It can also be a time to seek the right growth opportunities.
Our guarantees allow you to invest with confidence and help protect your investment against loss. You can lock in market gains during the good times and have peace of mind during market downturns.
Keep your plans on track and protect your hard-earned savings with our guarantees that cater for your changing needs as you enter retirement.
Protected Growth Guarantee
What’s in it
The Protected Growth guarantee option:
- available over 10 and 20 year terms
- guarantees to return all initial capital and contribution
- locks in growth as a result of positive investment performance each year (as long as your account value exceeds your protected balance on your guarantee anniversary date), and
- gives you full access to your available balance or account value during the term of your guarantee.
Protected Investment Guarantee
What’s in it
The Protected Investment guarantee option:
- available over six and eight year terms
- guaranteed to return all initial capital and contributions
- every two years, on your guarantee anniversary date, locks in any growth as a result of positive investment performance on your account value (as long as your account value is greater than your current protected balance), and
- gives you full access to your account value at any time during your term.
Protected Retirement Guarantee
What’s in it
The Protected Retirement guarantee:
- allows you to remain invested in the assets of your choice, while still providing the security of a guaranteed retirement income for life
- each year, locks in any growth as a result of positive investment performance on your account value (as long as it’s greater than your income base on your guarantee anniversary date)
The guaranteed amount is known as the income benefit which is guaranteed for life, even if you run out of your own funds while in retirement.
The North Guardian Investment Options are a series of diversified funds with a mix of Australian and international equities and fixed interest. They are designed with market volatility in mind.
They provide a medium-term return like traditional diversified funds with similar target asset allocations. Plus, they are designed to provide stability during short-term volatility.
Unlike with a traditional diversified fund, the allocation to shares in North Guardian can change significantly from time to time in response to sharemarket volatility.
North Guardian provides access to three investment strategies:
- Moderately defensive – to provide modest growth in your investment over the medium term with some fluctuations in value likely.
- Balanced – to provide moderate growth in your investment over the medium to long term while managing the level of short-term fluctuations.
- Growth – to provide moderate to high growth in your investment over the long term with moderate to high fluctuations in value.
The North Guardian Investment Options are exclusively available to investors who choose one of our AMP North guarantees.
Important informationShow more
© NMMT Limited. Consider the MyNorth Super and Pension product disclosure statement and the MyNorth Investment investor directed portfolio services guide and your circumstances before deciding what’s right for you. Our Financial Services Guide has information about our services, relationships and how we are paid. Contact us on 1800 667 841 for a copy. The issuer of MyNorth Super and Pension is N.M. Superannuation Pty Limited and the issuer of MyNorth Investment is NMMT Limited. The issuer of the MyNorth Investment Guarantee is National Mutual Funds Management Limited.